Wisdom Teeth Removal
What are wisdom teeth?
Why have wisdom teeth removed?
- Infection of the gum and bone tissue causing pain, swelling, stiffness, and illness
- Crowding of healthy teeth
- Damage to the adjacent molars
- Development of cysts and tumors in the bone around infected teeth
When is the ideal time for wisdom teeth to be removed?
Wisdom Teeth Removal
You’ll meet with the oral surgeon to talk about your wisdom teeth removal process. At this appointment, make sure you:
- Tell your doctor about any health problems that you may have.
- Any drugs that you take on a regular basis.
- Ask any questions you have about the procedure.
- Talk to your doctor about what type of anesthesia you’ll have.
- Plan time off from work or school to have your surgery and rest afterward at home.
Your wisdom teeth removal surgery should take about 45-60 minutes.
There are 2 types of anesthesia that can be provided so you don’t feel pain during your wisdom teeth removal.
- Local: The doctor will numb your mouth with a local anesthetic. You may also breathe nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to help you relax during surgery.
- IV sedation: Your surgeon will numb your mouth and also give you a dose of drugs through intravenously to help you sleep during the procedure.
Your oral surgeon may need to remove some gum tissue or bone to remove your wisdom teeth. If so, they will place sutures (stitches) so you can heal faster. The stitches usually dissolve after a few days, but some special ones may need to be removed by the doctor.
The wisdom teeth removal process can vary from one person to another. Everyone responds differently to anesthesia. If you had local anesthetic and feel alert, you can drive home and continue with your day. However, if you still feel drowsy, you may need someone to drive you home.
In most cases, patients feel little to no pain after the surgery so there’s nothing to worry about. You may have some swelling or mild discomfort for 3 days or so and your mouth may need a couple of weeks to fully heal.
Follow your doctor’s instructions to ensure the quickest recovery from your wisdom teeth removal surgery.
Why Choose Spring Oral Surgery for Your Wisdom Teeth Removal?
We provide the highest level of care when it comes to wisdom teeth removal in Spring as we are one of the premier practices specializing in dental implants and wisdom teeth removal in Spring, Texas. We have over 30+ years of collective experience and have done over 80,000 surgeries. That’s why we’re super confident in our dental care services and confident that we will exceed your expectations
From the moment you walk into our practice, we treat you as part of our family and we care enough about your treatment to make sure that you’re comfortable enough before, during, and after your wisdom teeth removal procedure.
Our specialized staff of oral surgeons will ensure that your wisdom teeth removal process in our Spring office will be as easy and painless as possible.
You're in the best hands
At Spring oral surgery & Dental Implant Center